It consists of an X-shaped frame, calibrated protractor, and a triple-jointed marking arm and holder.
· The holder accepts a soapstone crayon (included), felt pen or pencil.
· It is used to lay out the pipe and structural steel joints.
· Laterals at any angle, tees, wyes, crosses, elbows – any type or size of the joint can be quickly and precisely laid out.
· Pipe from 38 to 450 mm diameter or structural steel members up to 450 mm.
· It can be used right side up or upside down, depending on the direction of the line to be scribed.
· The protractor is calibrated on both sides – one in degrees, the other in rise-inches-per-foot-to service any type of measurement need.
· The unit comes with a Structural Adaptor designed to simplify the layout of structural joints, including I-beams, angles, channels, square tubing and similar shapes.
· The Contour Marker is made of durable, lightweight aluminum. It requires minimal maintenance, only occasional oiling of the joints, to provide long service life.
· No more complicated mathematical formulas. No more cut and try.
· No more needless material waste.